Village Square Clinic: Home of Natural Remedies and More
Hippocrates, the father of Western medicine, said, “Let your food be your medicine, and let your medicine be your food.” It’s amazing how far we’ve drifted from this sound advice.
Growing interest in health and wellness has encouraged alternative medicines to become increasingly popular across cultures. Fruits and vegetables as well as herbs, spices, roots leaves, barks, seeds, berries and flowers have been used as the earliest forms of medicines and are still being recommended for the cure of diverse illnesses.
All cultures across all ages, from the Greeks to the Celts, the Romans to the Arabs, the Chinese to the Indians and of course Africans, have used this form of treatment until they were phased out by conventional treatments. However, humanity is now reverting to the old ways of treating illnesses since it has proved to be more beneficial than its over the counter alternatives.
Advantages of Natural Homemade Remedies over their Over-the-Counter Alternatives
Among the many benefits of using natural home remedies are the following:
- They are Cheap: Since they are processed, advertised, and marketed as a commercial commodity, drugs manufactured by large pharmaceutical firms tend to be increasingly expensive. On the other hand, natural homemade remedies are cheaper to produce.
- They are Clean: Unlike other commercially available medicines, you are assured how natural home remedies are made since raw materials are the same ingredients you use in the kitchen. You can be sure exactly what you are consuming.
- They are Easily Accessible: Since natural home remedies require herbs, flowers, vegetables, fruits, roots and spices alone, it is very easy to find one that is right for any type of minor illnesses. In early days, when people grow several plants in their backyard, it is more likely that they have medicinal plants. Today, since more people live in cities, plants and plant produce can easily be acquired from the Village Square Market. Common among these are ginger, lemon, garlic, bitter kola, thyme, honey, celery, apple, and a host of others could give you several medicinal benefits. And within the shortest time possible you can produce your own Village Square Clinic.
- They are Milder: Unlike their over-the-counter counterparts, natural home remedies are so natural, unspoiled, and of course very fresh. The medicinal contents are pure and directly attack the illness you are trying to cure. Being natural, it does not have strong components as found in over the counter medicines, especially the preservatives used which do not normally have any positive impact in the healing process.
- They tend to Cure More than one Condition: Natural homemade remedies tend to have a wider spectrum among a range of minor illnesses. They act on several parts of the body at once. A simple ginger, garlic or honey could treat several types of minor illnesses. Most prescriptive drugs are designed for one specific health problem.
- They have Fewer Side Effects: Over the counter medicines contain several ingredients that attack the intended ailments but such medications are also known to affect your other functions with their side effects. Most common of these are drowsiness, nausea, and headache. Since they are purely natural, natural homemade medications tend to minimize side effects.
- They have Diverse Way of Administering: Medicinal herbs can be used in a variety of ways, depending on the kind of herb that is to be used. Some herbs can be mixed with food. Some can be made into tea, and there are some that are available in capsule or tablet form, whereas some are applied locally.
Among the very many ailments and discomforts natural home remedies have been proved very effective are abdomen pain, menstrual pain, acidity, heartburn, pimples, acne scars, age spots, arthritis, athletes foot, backache, bad breath, baldness, fat belly, bites & stings, bleeding gums, blood pressure, bruises, bronchitis, burns, sinus, canker sores, cold sores, common cold, constipation, leg cramps, cuts, depression, dandruff, diarrhea, swimmer’s ear, ear infection, eczema, fat thighs, fat hips, flu, food poisoning, gingivitis, gout, and hemorrhoids.
Others are heart exhaustion, piles, hiccups, head lice, indigestion, low blood sugar, migraine, headache, weak memory, mouth ulcers, nausea, obesity, peptic ulcers, hemorrhoids or piles, pimples, rheumatism, ringworms, sensitive teeth, skin allergies, snoring, sore throat, stretch marks, sun burns, tired eyes, toothache, water retention, warts, worms, wrinkles, yeast Infection, and more.
One thing to note though is that while natural home remedies cure certain illness, modern medical treatments are still far better if you are treating major diseases. But one thing is for sure: if natural home remedies survived for no one knows how long, it is surely to reason that it is the easiest, fastest, safest, and cheapest way.
Why not visit us every day to learn more about one new natural health remedy as we lead you through this journey? You may also wish to contact us to tell us your experience with natural homemade cures so we can share it with others.